I happened upon a sweet lake chalet in Mount Juliet while combing through our next adventure accommodations. We weren’t just celebrating our anniversary, but my husband’s 40th birthday. This trip needed to be special.
Here is a quick overview of our recent trip to Nashville.
When I stumbled upon the chalet, I was a little concerned about the distance, which we actually ended up loving! It was about 20 to 25 minutes to Nashville, depending on the traffic. And the quiet time in the evening was amazing! We spent every single evening enjoying a bug free gorgeous glowing sunset.
We experienced the Opry, Broadway and of course some famous hot chicken that may or may not have left Mr. B regretting his choice. Our best meal was actually at Jason Aldean’s place. We were really grateful for our quiet lake home at the end of this day, for those of you who just know, you KNOW how loud Broadway can be! But the music and the atmosphere was quite pleasant and we enjoyed our day of sauntering down the sidewalk in the warm southern sun.
Here are some hit and misses:
- The hot chicken he had for lunch left him with a terrible taste in his mouth, be sure when you are ordering hot chicken, it is southern hot chicken and not just buffalo chicken.
- Wear comfortable shoes for Broadway, and preferably closed toes! We saw lots of boots, but is was sweltering hot and there were some nasty city puddles. Pack hand sanitizer!
- DO visit Madame Tussaud’s! This was really fun!
4. Tickets to the Opry are a MUST even if you don’t have a show itinerary quite yet, book those seats! We were able to see Riders in the Sky and LOTS of others, well worth the price and experience. If it’s your birthday or anniversary, let them know! Also, if you can manage a trip to the Ryman, do it!
5. If you aren’t a bar scene type, don’t stay on the strip. If you enjoy the bar scene and are going to need an Uber to make it home safely, stay as close to Broadway as you can. The highway driving can be frustrating. Don’t drink and drive!
6. Visit Boot Country- BUY BOOTS! They’re affordable and when in Nashville…
7. Stop by and visit Cooter’s Place Nashville
8. Pack sunscreen and sunglasses!
9. We visited Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage and we really enjoyed this. The staff was friendly and the tour was incredible. If you are a history buff it is a must on the to-do list.
10. Stay on the lake if you can! Here you can find several cool pads to crash (maybe the same chalet we stayed in), it was an easy drive, cute accommodations and we really enjoyed the sunsets. We are truly enjoying this Airbnb adventure so far this year and are already planning our fall trip.
Tennessee should be on your list of places to go, whether you are a family or a couple, we were impressed with the variety of things to do and the kind way they have about their city. There are a lot of things to do within a short drive from Nashville and we are planning on going back.
Post your comments and let us know how you enjoyed your Tennessee stay! All in all, I would score this property and the area, an 8 out of 10. We hope this helps a little bit!